Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Let's Pray for the end of AIDS

Hello Friends,

This is that sad time of year for me when all the major cities start having
their Gay Pride Festivals. This event which was started with the intent to
affirm the self-worth of this demographic of society has degenerated into
little more than a binge of alcohol, drugs and most notably lust. Utah's
Pride is relatively mild compared to most, but still it is a sad weekend for
me. Partly this is because I am still tempted by the allure of these
addictions which it propagates, but also because I have many friends who
still struggle with addictive lifestyles. Regardless of what your religious
or political feelings are regarding this population, I would hope you would
join with me and agree this is not what a loving God has in store for his
children. I am asking you therefore to join me this weekend in a weekend of
prayer for those addicted souls who are suffering from their social choices.
I have come to realize that this weekend has always been a dark and sad time
for me for this reason.

Last year was the first time I felt differently for myself during Pride
weekend. It was a positive and hopeful weekend for me.  I chose to instead
make it a weekend of Humbler Prayer and Fasting for those who are lost and
wayward who struggle in an addictive lifestyle. I saw these individuals as
my brothers and sisters and my heart went out to them and up to God in
prayer on their behalf. Since last year was such a positive success, I feel
that I should repeat the event. So I invite you, my Friends and Friends of
Friends, to join me:

PLEASE JOIN ME IN THE 2ND ANNUAL HUMBLE WEEKEND OF PRAYER AND FASTING FOR
THOSE STRUGGLING IN THEIR ADDICTIONS AND SGA JUNE 3-5, 2011

The idea is pretty simple. Instead of participating in any of the events
which tend to only reinforce lustful appetites and pridefulness, I am asking
you to keep our struggling brothers and sisters in your thoughts and prayers
that weekend. I would also recommend looking for opportunities to do Acts Of
Service or other positive, uplifting activities to counter the sadness that
comes over the city. I will not only be praying for my brothers and sisters,
but will ask that God will further reveal His Will for and to this troubled
group of His Children. I hope most if not all of you will join your Prayers
with mine the weekend of June 3rd through June 5th and dedicate your Fasts
to this purpose as well.


With Love And Concern

No comments:

Post a Comment