- Transgender people have, according to the Psychiatric community (Psychiatrists have a MD and PhD), a gender identity disorder, http://www.mental-health-today.com/gender/dsm.htm
- Discomfort, emotional pain and suffering, psychological distress, dysfunction, debilitating depression and, suicidal-All these words describe MENTAL problems. How many of these traits did you point out when describing these transgender people?
- Drugs do not cure "transsexuals" and are dangerous to their physical health. http://isabellestpierre.wordpress.com/2008/07/25/ten-things-transgender-persons-should-discuss-with-their-health-care-providers
- When a mentally ill schizophrenic person, who has multiple personalities, tells you they are a transgender, what is done about this person? Are the personnel at Alston House qualified to address and treat all mental illnesses that may be present?
- It is a myth that "5 to 10 percent of young people identify as LGBT. What age do you consider to be "young"? Research study shows that many "young" people think they are LGBT but then decide they are not later in their life. Have you forgotten about The Williams Institute's [LGBT-focused think tank at UCLA] April, 2011's report that stated:
"An estimated 3.5% of adults in the United States identify as lesbian, gay, or bisexual and an estimated 0.3% of adults are transgender. http://www.scribd.com/doc/52481941/How-many-people-are-LGBT-Final
- You left out that many transgender people leave that lifestyle and revert back to their true biological self.
- Is it safe to have 16 year old children in living quarters with 24 year old adults?