This HHS website Uses references that do not match their statements.
This new study from the US Dept. of Health and Human Services is riddled with inaccuracies, references wrongly attributed to statements contained in this information from HHS:
"Research suggests that LGBT individuals face health disparities linked to societal stigma, discrimination, and denial of their civil and human rights. Discrimination against LGBT persons has been associated with high rates of psychiatric disorders,1 substance abuse,2, 3 and suicide.4 "
· Reference #1 only psychiatric disorders among black, Hispanic LGB individuals from perceived discrimination. Blacks, not black LGB, had the highest rate of psychiatric disorders. Under the Responses to Perceived Discrimination and Psychiatric Disorders, the authors admit "(note that because of the small number of LGB respondents in each of the groups, we were unable to estimate a model among LGB respondents)". NO mention of Transgender persons
· Reference #2 reports substance use among HIV-positive GB men who also inject drugs. NO mention of Transgender persons.
· Reference #3 reports NO mention of Transgender persons, only nonheterosexuals.
· Reference #4 reports "bisexuality/homosexuality is a risk factor for attempted suicide in male adolescents..." NO mention of discrimination or any other cause for this data and NO mention of Transgender persons.
" Experiences of violence and victimization are frequent for LGBT individuals, and have long-lasting effects on the individual and the community.5 Personal, family, and social acceptance of sexual orientation and gender identity affects the mental health and personal safety of LGBT individuals.6"
· Reference #6 from HHS does not list Sexual orientation or gender identity as a listed target group.