Please forward this e-mail to all your friends and family
who live in the Orange County/Orlando area:
Dear Orange County Resident,
Have you called and e-mailed the Orange County School Board about the dangerous and controversial Gender Identity & Expression Proposal?The Orange County School Board will attempt to force through a vote this Tuesday night Dec 11 on a dangerous and unbelievable proposal creating a new legal protected class for homosexuals, transsexuals and others "protecting" "gender identity and expression" which will affect both public school students, teachers and all school employees. The matter is being aggressively but almost secretly being pushed through by Chairman Bill Sublette without giving parents or teachers a true opportunity to weigh in and be heard.
TWO ACTION STEPS:
1) Call the members and leave messages about your opposition to these dangerous proposed rule changes.
Bill Sublette (Chairman )– 407-426-8551
District 1 Joie Cadle – cell 407-376-0191
District 2 Daryl Flynn -- 407-317-3236
District 3 Rick Roach – 407-317-3236
District 4 Pam Gould – 407-317-3236
District 5 Kathleen Gordon – 407-716-6861
District 6 Nancy Robbinson – cell 407-310-9194
Also you click on the link at the bottom of this email below and e-mail Orange County School Board members and tell them to "VOTE NO on the student and faculty gender identity and expression proposals".
2) Also we need as many people as possible to personally attend the Orange County School Board meeting where the issue will be voted on this Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 5:30pm. COME MUCH EARLIER THAN 5:30PM to get a speakers card and speak out against these 2 bad rule changes. Or just come and stand with us at the School Board meeting where this will be voted upon. The school board meeting will be held in downtown Orlando at the Orange County School Board Building, 445 West Amelia Street, Orlando, FL (close to where the old arena used to be). Come to the meeting and wear blue to show unity. Our opponents will be wearing red.
* District 7 School Board member Christine Moore is the only member who has gone on record in opposition to this bad proposal.
NOTE: Help us spread the word. After you send the below alert, you will receive a follow up email receipt and there is a tool to post this alert to your Facebook page to share it with your family and friends.
REASONS WHY THIS PROPOSED GENDER IDENTITY AND EXPRESSION IS BAD POLICY:
1) Creates New and Special Rights for Homosexuals and Transgendered: The ordinance creates new and special rights and "affirmative action" for homosexuals, transgendered and others by creating a new protected class and a special legal classification based on "sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression" which is completely subjective.
2) Weakens Florida's Marriage Amendment as the Union of One Man and One Woman: Rules and laws like this around the country have been used to undermine and overturn state marriage laws and state constitutional amendments defining marriage as the union of one man and one woman. Gay rights activists around the country have used the collective scheme of 'non discrimination laws' like this one to legalize homosexual marriages in states like Vermont, Iowa, New Hampshire and Washington, DC.
3) "Gender Identity and Expression" is Not Defined. The bad proposals do not define what is meant by "gender identity and expression". The city of Gainesville passed a similar bathroom bill and defines it as follows: "An inner sense of being a specific gender, or the expression of a gender identity by verbal statement, appearance, or mannerisms, or other gender-related characteristics of an individual with or without regard to the individual's designated sex at birth." If a third grade teacher "Sam" subjectively feels like becoming "Sally" then this teacher cannot be terminated or moved to another non teaching spot. If a biologically male high school student Sam decides to become Sally then he can use the women's bathroom, locker rooms and act out as a woman.
4) Creates Legal Defenses for Pedophiles. Trying to "protect" gender identity and gender expression would allow male students and teachers to be able to use women's bathrooms (and vice versa) based upon their subjective sense of whether they are a male or female at any given moment, allowing pedophiles to have a defense for using girls' bathrooms. This shocking provision is being forced onto cities all around the country. The security and privacy of our children's locker rooms, showers, dressing rooms, bathrooms and other separate facilities are all compromised.
5) Chairman Bill Sublette is attempting to ramrod this bad and dangerous proposal with little to no public notice. The only thing more outrageous than the proposals themselves are the way these proposed rule changes are being tried to be sneaked into law quickly without any public knowledge or notice. This proposal has lacked the notice and due process that should come with a matter this serious.
- No notice to parents
- No notice to teachers
- No notice to administrators
- Not clearly identified on the meeting agenda
- No second public reading
- No notice to media
- The text of the bill is tucked away hard to find on the website and was only posted over the last couple of days.6) There is no legitimate public policy for this rule change. Orange County, Florida is a tolerant place and there is no need for this proposal other than thrusting social change on children and teachers. Orange County Public Schools has no pattern of discrimination against gay-identified persons that would be solved by this proposal.
Click here to view the proposed rule changes for faculty (PDF)
Click here to view the proposed rule changes for students (PDF)
Click the link below to log in and send your message:
You have received this message because you have subscribed to a mailing list of Florida Family Action. If you do not wish to receive periodic emails from this source, please click below to unsubscribe.
Tuesday, December 11, 2012
URGENT ACTION ALERT
Posted by PFOX at 4:43 AM