Four Days of Prayer for Marriage – August 3-6, 2014
Join us and our friends in Ohio, Michigan,and Kentucky in concerted prayer. Our four states will be affected by the outcome of the Sixth Circuit Court's decision concerning marriage.
Print the PDF Marriage Prayer Guide for Single-Sided Printing (Choose "fit" not "actual size" and then print)
Print the PDF Marriage Prayer Guide for Double-Sided Printing (Choose "fit" not "actual size;" check two-sided printing; check "flip on short edge")
God's Design for Marriage Is Under Attack!
On August 6, 2014, at 1 p.m. (Eastern) in Cincinnati, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit will hear arguments as to whether or not state marriage laws defining marriage between one man and one woman are constitutional.
Ecclesiastes 3:1 declares this truth:
"For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven."
As marriage goes before the Federal 6th Circuit Court, we see this as a time and season to devote to prayer for marriage.
The 6th Circuit Court of Appeals covers Ohio, Michigan, Tennessee, and Kentucky, so the Family Action Council of Tennessee is partnering with The Family Foundation of Kentucky, the Michigan Family Forum, and Ohio's Citizens for Community Values for a time of prayer for marriage in all four states.
Sunday, August 3 – We are asking all churches in all four states to set aside time for corporate prayer.
Monday and Tuesday, August 4-5 – Individual prayer time, leading up to and during the hearing at 1 p.m. (Eastern) in Cincinnati.
Wednesday, August 6 – If possible, at 1 p.m. (Eastern) pray for the judges and lawyers when the oral arguments begin.
Suggested Prayer Points
- For marriages in the church to be strengthened, for the body of Christ to be ministers of reconciliation, healing, and growth to those that are hurting, and for our marriages to reflect Christ's relationship with His church and to be a testimony to others of God's grace and glory.
- For discernment and sound reasoning for the three judges hearing these cases that they might understand the importance and meaning of marriage and be able to see through the arguments for and the implications of redefining marriage.
- For clarity of thought and persuasive speech for the attorneys defending marriage in order that the arguments against marriage will be refuted, confused thinking will be exposed, and that all the judges' doubts regarding marriage be removed.
- For God to deliver and restore sexual purity to all those engaged in sexual sin.
- For ministers of God's Word to proclaim God's truth regarding sexuality and marriage with clarity, boldness and grace.
- For those who are counseling individuals and couples struggling with marital difficulties that they would give Biblical counsel in order that healing and reconciliation would take place.
- For young couples that are considering marriage or who have just married that they will take seriously their vows made to God and will call on Him whenever they face challenges to their relationship.