Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Fwd: Help 4 Families Newsletter

Issue 21

                         Help 4 Families Newsletter           

Dear Friends,

I recently made a trip to Portland, Oregon in order to attend the Restored Hope Network's annual conference. During my time at the conference I had the privilege to meet Rachelle, a mother of a daughter who identities as a f-to-m transgender, and Nichelle, a mom of a son who identifies as a m-to-f transgender.  Their anguish is heart-wrenching. Their tears of grief were warm to the touch.

As the conference continued, I had the opportunity to talk with two prodigals who came home to the Lord. Each story was unique. There was no doubt of the Lord's ability to reach down into the inner parts of their being. Their hearts were penetrated through the power of Jesus Christ as they submitted unto Him. They heard His call and were willing to walk out the journey of restoration, with Him by their side at all times.

Our hearts rejoice when we hear stories of prodigals coming home. We are reminded of the unforgettable story of prodigal son in Luke. The "father said to his servants, 'Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let's have a feast and celebrate. For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found." My goodness, what love the father demonstrates here for his lost son. The past is forgotten and renewal of their relationship begins (Luke 15:22-24).


Our Lord Jesus Christ seeks out hearts to bring the prodigals home. If you are a parent or family member, hold strong, continue to pray and always trust the Lord your God with all of your heart. If you are the loved one who struggles with your God-given gender, ask the Lord to walk with you through your own restoration, trusting Him always to fulfill His promises to you.
God Bless,
My Hardened Heart Softened                                                         By John Wenman

I was initially very euphoric after my sex reassignment, anticipating a new life happily ever after. I had expected to be free from all past issues; however, I soon discovered myself lonely and a prisoner of increased anxiety, guilt, confusion and inferiority complexes. I felt emotionally void, a complete failure, and life seemed pointless.


At this low point I began considering God's Word and acknowledged His divine design for male, female, and the family. Hebrews 4:12 says the word of God is more powerful than a two edged sword, dividing and penetrating the soul and spirit. God's Holy Spirit of Truth was convicting me for sinning against and offending a Holy and Righteous God. I was ashamed for all my sins and remorseful for altering my body, taking a false identity, and causing harm to family, loved ones, friends and others.


My profound turn was not by my own strength or will but by God's grace, mercy, and might. It was God who softened my persistently stony heart to have a desire to obey Him and seek forgiveness through the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross. I am now God-centered, rather than self-centered, walking in truth in my true male identity, and I thank the Lord for who I am and what I have. I have been led to witness God's grace, mercy and truth. I pray God will give wisdom, strength, and encouragement to all affected by the enemy's attack on gender.


God Bless,



                    Recent Comments                            

"This ministry is like receiving the gift of air, when I can not breathe on my own."


"My husband and I appreciate knowing your web site is there for others like us, who are searching and hurt."


"Thank you for all that you do for all of us."


"Help 4 Families has been a life saver for me."


"Hope Gathering" 2014 Conference                        

                Come Join Us This Month

Help 4 Families                            July 26, 2014

Go to www.help4families.com for further information. 

No comments:

Post a Comment