'Such Were Some of You' ~ CFDb Movie Review and Highest Recommendation
Such Were Some of You (A Documentary) was inspired by the passage in 1st Corinthians 6:11 that declares that in Jesus' day there was a population who had been so transformed by their relationship with Him that they were no longer "same-sex attracted" or at the very least, actively homosexual. They had found such a measure of healing from the brokenness and strongholds associated with what we now call homosexuality that they no longer considered themselves homosexual, nor did they act in that way.
"Such Were Some of You" features interviews with a "cloud of present-day witnesses" who testify to the same life-transforming power of Jesus Christ. They describe the development of their same-sex attractions, what the gay lifestyle was like, what their conversion process was like, and the various ways that Jesus has brought healing to their broken places.
'Such Were Some of You' lays out the facts about healing homosexual confusion and rejoices in the reality that Jesus Christ can heal anyone from anything while providing grace for the journey.
What a powerful documentary that really covers the topic of homosexuality thoroughly through Scripture, through professionals, and through personal testimonies of just a few of those who have gained the victory over homosexuality. Here were some of the highlights:
- Fantastic, unique beginning – brilliantly done – Satan from the beginning has been leading people to worship the creature rather than the Creator. This epic battle started at the beginning of creation. God sent His Son to cleanse and heal us. To call us back to our true purpose. To bring us POWER over the enemy.
- There is no evidence that anyone is born gay.
- The obvious physiology that God meant us to be a man with a woman. Husband/wife – being fruitful and multiplying. Revealed originally in Genesis, the very beginning.
- In depth discussions about some of the ways they can become gay such as abuse, overbearing parents, pornography, society and more.
- As with any issue of sin, we may keep having the tendencies without participating in the sin.
- Studies were done showing that homosexual brains look different than heterosexual brains, BUT our brains altar according to our experiences so it proves nothing.
- Jesus didn't come to make us happier or to make a better us…He came to save us from sin. Matthew 1:21 - And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
- Terrible misconception about grace – grace is NOT a license to sin. The law show us what's wrong but grace is God's power and help to change us. Titus 2:11-14 – For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
- Paul says homosexuals won't enter into the kingdom of God. The list is found in I Corinthians 6:9-11 – Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
- Very interesting the comments about Ezekiel and how homosexuality is a manifestation of other sins. Ezekiel 16:48 – 50 – Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.
- Some heartbreaking testimonies about the reasons why they became homosexual.
- Such lack of hope and being told to just pray about it or recite a Scripture and pray and it would go away. How many of us have heard that kind of counsel about any addiction or sin, but we know that doesn't work. It's a matter of God changing our hearts and minds and practical ways of how to walk in victory. I Corinthians 15:57 – But thanks be to God that giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Let's not forget the importance of true friendship and accountability. We all need that in our Christian walk.
This is a film of hope that needs to get into the hands of anyone who is showing tendencies or activity participating in homosexuality. This film has so much hope for anyone struggling with any sexual addiction.
God has a plan for each of our lives…a life of service and victory! Jeremiah 29:11-13 – For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
Purchase on DVD
Purchase the Leader's Edition
If you would like your Christian Film Reviewed by CFDb, contact us for more details.